Monday, January 12, 2009

From September - Henry - 9 yrs. 5 mo.

Beethoven's Ode to Joy
Utah Symphony/Utah Symphony Chorus, conducted by Keith Lockhart

Henry and my husband Tim attended the concert, and I sang with the chorus. Henry wanted to meet Maestro Lockhart afterward, so I took him backstage. The conversation went like this:

Keri: Maestro Lockhart, my son wanted to meet you. Henry, this is Keith Lockhart; this is my son, Henry.

Keith Lockhart: Henry, it's nice to meet you. (He shook Henry's hand.)
Henry: I have about a million questions I want to ask you.
KL: Well, why don't you pick you favorite one and ask it.
Henry: Why...Why did you pick Beethoven?
KL: Well, one reason is because there's a man, O.C. Tanner, who gives a lot of money to the symphony. Beethoven is one of his favorite composers. Also, he sponsors the opening concert each year, so he's giving money to support this concert. The other reason is because, choosing music is like choosing food - what you want depends on what you're in the mood for - but if someone put their hands around your throat and demanded that you tell them what the greatest music of all time was, you might just have to say Beethoven's 9th.
Henry: Cool.
KL: I'll answer another question the next time I see you.
Henry: Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment